HOLD AN EVENT TO BENEFIT SECOND HARVEST
Thank you for your interest in making Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina the beneficiary of your special event or fund raising project. The Food Bank feeds hungry people by supplying almost 600 soup kitchens, shelters, emergency pantries and similar agencies serving people in need in 19 counties in the Charlotte area. We also offer technical assistance and training to our partner agencies and community education about hunger. The need is critical and increasing. Your help is vital. For every $1 we receive, we provide 7 pounds of food.
We appreciate the compassion you have for our neighbors in need and your willingness to help.
In order to ensure that the limited time of our staff and volunteers is focused on our mission and procuring the resources needed to carry it out, we have developed the following guidelines for special events and fundraisers to benefit Second Harvest:
- In order to protect the equity we have built in our name, it may not be used by other organizations to raise money without our prior permission.
- An event or project plan must be submitted to Second Harvest in writing at least one month before the event or project begins.
- As a part of the written plan, Second Harvest Food Bank must be assured of a minimum amount or percentage of revenue from the event or project.
- All publicity or marketing material (including T-Shirts, flyers, radio, TV, or print ads) that includes the name of Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina must be approved by the Food Bank in advance.
- Second Harvest Food Bank funds will not be used for expenses for projects or events put on by other organizations.
- Second Harvest Food Bank volunteers are not available to assist at most special events/fundraisers put on by other organizations.
- Exceptions may be made in the policies about publicity and volunteers for events or projects that will result in a donation to the Food Bank of $5,000 or more.
The need is great and food banking happens only because of partnerships with caring people and organizations. We are grateful for your interest in being our partner in this important work. Together we can END HUNGER!
To schedule interviews, request a media kit or photos please contact:
Marketing / Media / News Contact - D Roseborough at (704) 375-9639, EXT. 11